HelloFresh Night 2: Cumin-Spiced Steak with Scallion Dressing and Spinach Couscous Salad


Credit: HelloFresh

Pros: I'm a fan of couscous, the steak was amazing, there was enough for more than 4, and it was easy to prepare. 
Cons: The Scallion dressing! (I blame myself for that though). 

So the "Cumin-Spiced Steak with Scallion Dressing and Spinach Couscous Salad" was my second meal that I tried from HelloFresh. What I learned from that was their meat that they send you is amazing and secondly, I've learned that I do love couscous. The first time I had couscous I wasn't the biggest fan, but it was my favorite part of the meal. I also will be adding cumin on my steaks, instead of seasoning salt now!

 So here's what was in box:
  • Sirloin Steak 
  •  Lemons 
  • Scallions 
  • Spinach 
  • Vegetable Stock 
  • Israeli Couscous
  • Garlic 
  • Red Peppers 
  • Cumin
What I didn't love as much was the dressing. I think was my fault though, since I think I added a little too much oil and the whole thing felt too drenched. I'm not a huge fan of oil dressing either, so that didn't help. I'm a creamy dressing person, but slowly learning to love oil-based dressings.

My family enjoyed it, though they aren't salad for supper kind of people, which I am. So it was good to see them enjoying it. I even had extra people come over unexpected and there was enough and there were even leftovers. This was the second time where I could say that I could feed more than four from what I was given.

Overall I loved everything besides the dressing recipe, which isn't HelloFresh's fault, just my own preferences. Like I said before, the meat that you get sure tastes better than most grocery stores. Same goes with their produce!

Popular Posts