Interview with 'Saints & Sinners' actress Jasmine Burke

Credit: Bounce TV
Yesterday (March 4) I had the pleasure in interviewing singer, actress, and director Jasmine Burke. She's currently starring in such dramas as Bounce TV's "Saints & Sinners" and Fox's "Star."

We discussed over the phone about her role in "Saints & Sinners," along with her other projects too. So here is the interview:

1. First, what's it like to be part of Bounce's first original drama? 
Super exciting to break ground with a network. It's also super incredible to be part of "Saints & Sinners." 

2. Can you describe your character Dr. Christie Johnson a little bit for those who haven't seen the show (or just started watching)?
Dr. Christie is a complex woman, she has many layers of skeletons in her closet. She tries to uphold her image that her family has set for her. Though the Johnsons have so much going on too though. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. She's definitely a product of her mother and father. 

3. What's your personal favorite episode from the first season of "Saints & Sinners?"
There's not one episode and not one part that I don't like from the first season. I like the whole season! It was amazing and I'm incredibly blessed to be part of it. We watch the series just like everyone else does, so while the second season unfolds, it's like another chance to be part of "Saints & Sinners." 

4. You have quite the diverse career with "Saints & Sinners," being a fan favorite on MTV's "Making the Band 3," to Fox's drama "Star." So besides all that you are a director too, so can you share a little bit about that side of your career? 
I'm a filmmaker first and an actor second. I love creating and writing, but it's definitely a process. I'm currently working on some new projects too.  I've been fortunate in my career. 

5. What's your advice for those who want to be an actor or director? Also, do you think that Hollywood is diverse enough for everyone to be able to accomplish that dream?
The advice I have is to do what speaks to you. Don't try to keep up with trends on what other people are doing. Ask yourself, what do I want to say? Think about what goes around your in life. You never know who you will be inspiring. 

For me, it's not about Hollywood either. I'm not concerned about Hollywood, just living my dream is important to me. 

6. Lastly, do you have any new projects that you would like to discuss? 
Season one of "Star" was great and there's a great season two coming. Some "people" can come back, we've seen it done before. For season two of "Saints & Sinners," it just keeps trending and breaking records. The thing I love is the fans really become part of the show. 

I'm also working on my own projects too. 

So I would like to thank Jasmine Burke again for taking the time out of her busy schedule to talk to the Abstract. I would also like to thank Bounce TV for setting up the interview.

You can watch "Saints & Sinners" on Bounce TV on Sundays at 9 p.m. EST.

Credit: Bounce TV

Popular Posts