SLAMDANCE INTERVIEW: Adrian Murray, director of 'Withdrawn'



Withdrawn Movie Poster. Photo Source: Jazo P.R.




Adrian Murray is the director of the new film, "Withdrawn," which it's his first film too! "Withdrawn" is currently part of the 2017 Slamdance Film Festival. Yesterday (Jan. 3), I got to chat with Adrian about his first film and about Slamdance.

So here's the interview:


1. First, explain a little bit about your film, "Withdrawn?"
It's about an unemployed guy who finds a credit card and uses it. It's not a heist film or a thriller!!

2. This was your first feature film, so what was the experience like? 
Great and grueling! It took away our weekends for a couple of months. The cast and crew all had day jobs.

3. "Withdrawn" is in the Slamdance Film Festival's Narrative Feature Program, so how did you feel when you first heard about that?
Got an email from Slamdance, which the subject was "Slamdance: Withdrawn," so I thought my film wasn't accepted to the festival! Anyway, this happened while I was at work and I was very happy. One of my co-workers is also a filmmaker, so I got to brag about it. All and all it was a truly great feeling!

4. Do you have any advice for those who are interested submitting their films to Slamdance (or any other festival)?  
I didn't do anything special and didn't know anyone who was part of the festival. Only advice is to submit and try to make it the best. The sound editing is very important too!!

5. Lastly, would you like to share any new projects you're working on? 
It's too early to tell, but I am working on two projects. Though right now pretty busy with Slamdance. 

I would like to thank Adrian Murray again and hope all goes great for him and his team at the festival. I also would like to thank Laurent Boye and P.R. Jazo for scheduling this interview for me.

The 2017 Slamdance Festival starts on Jan. 20 and ends on Jan. 26.

Popular Posts