Book Review: 'Sweet' by Yotam Ottolenghi and Helen Goh

Source: NetGalley 


NetGalley/Ten Speed Press 

Yotam Ottolenghi has plenty of cookbooks out, (most recently "Ottolenghi Simple: A Cookbook")  but "Sweet" was my first time reading his work. This is my first time reading Helen Goh's work too. Goh is Ottolenghi's longtime collaborator, a pastry chef, and the Ottolenghi product developer.

I am a foodie, so I try to read everything especially when it comes to baked goods. I do love baking and sweets, so of course, reading Ottolenghi and Goh's book was a real treat. The subject alone gives it five stars for me, but then add the recipe selection and it's five more stars there!

The recipes are like taking desserts and going one step higher with them. You won't find the usual and that's why "Sweet" is enjoyable. It takes the home cook into a new world and maybe even out of their comfort zone too.

These recipes come from Ottolenghi's bakery in London. There are flavor profiles and ingredients that I love like both cinnamon and almond! I also learned that I do like figs more than I thought.

So overall if you missed Yotam Ottolenghi' and Goh's book "Sweet" last year (it was released on Oct. 3, 2017) you should go out and buy a copy now. There are after all over 110 recipes that will get your sweet tooth going into a frenzy.

Popular Posts