Review of McDonald's ready-to-drink McCafé Frappé (Vanilla)

Opinion Piece 


McDonald's

Back in March, I was strolling Dollar General and saw that McDonald's was selling their frappes in stores now with the help of the Coca-Cola company. So naturally, as someone who loves her coffee beverages, I had to test it out.

Before I go on let me explain I never really order coffee from McDonald's. I think once in a great while I order an Iced Vanilla Latte. It's not because I don't like their coffee either.

Now go into the end of April I noticed that my local Wal-Mart was selling the product. So this was my second time trying the product. By the way, if I remember correctly the first time I also had Vanilla. The other flavor that was at both stores was Mocha.

On the label, it's slogan is "Deviously smooth taste," which I totally agree with. Both times when I drank it, I finished the bottle pretty fast because of how tasty it was and well how smooth it was. It's sweeter than most too.

As someone who has tried all the bottled products from Caribou Coffee, Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, I do believe that bottled McCafe Frappe is just as good as and can stand toe to toe with them. It's not too surprising actually since you can get McCafe ground coffee on the shelves. Though I'll also admit I have never tried that either.

Also didn't get the memo back in September of 2017 when news first broke out about McDonald's even doing this. So I was pretty surprised when I saw the product back in March.

Anyway, let's talk more about the coffee drink, which is made with 100% Arabica Beans and is around 260 calories. It's 13.7 fluid ounces and the caffeine content is 95 mg per bottle. So I wouldn't be drinking too many in a row because of both caffeine content (and if you are watching those calories).

The ingredients are the following: 
  • Coffee 
  • Milk 
  • Sugar 
  • Sodium Bicarbonate
  • Natural Flavors 
  • Carrageenan
Overall the taste is beyond great and don't be surprised if you chug the whole thing without noticing (I did twice).  So stock up on these drinks and you can skip the morning drive-thru!

Popular Posts