Claude Jarman Jr.'s new book, 'My Life and the Final Days of Hollywood' offers a rare behind the scenes glimpse of the Hollywood Studio System during the 1940s and '50s

Source: Newswire

Covenant Books 

Claude Jarman Jr., a former child actor at Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, known for “Intruder in the Dust,” “Rio Grande,” and his Academy Award-winning performance in “The Yearling,” has published a new memoir, “My Life and the Final Days of Hollywood.” 

The memoir was published by Covenant Books of Murrells Inlet, South Carolina.

This nostalgic yet clear-eyed memoir details his transition from Tennessee kid to Hollywood star, his retirement from acting, and his adult career as a film producer and Executive Director of the San Francisco International Film Festival.

Claude shares:
It was quite a ride while it lasted. Formidable columnist Hedda Hopper hailed me as ‘filmdom’s child discovery of the year’ before 'The Yearling' was even released. Once it debuted, I was praised by the critics and cast in a string of films opposite the likes of Van Johnson, Randolph Scott, Gloria Grahame, Donna Reed, and John Wayne. I even shot and killed Lee Marvin (on-screen, of course) in one of his first movies. Louella Parsons informed the readers of her nationwide column that child superstar Margaret O’Brien had fallen in love with me, but I only had eyes for Gregory Peck’s wife. I was the closest thing to the fabled ‘overnight star’ of Hollywood lore, and I soaked it all up. For a little while. 
“My Life and the Final Days of Hollywood” can be published at bookstores everywhere, or online at the Apple iTunes store, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble.

Popular Posts