Movie Review: '30 Miles From Nowhere'

A scene from 30 Miles From Nowhere 

"30 Miles From Nowhere" is available to buy here. 

As someone who lives very close to Wisconsin (if I want to go to Walmart, Starbucks, or even a hospital, I have to travel across the "border") I was excited to finally get the chance to watch the women-helmed horror comedy, "30 Miles From Nowhere."

The film is directed by Caitlin Koller, who also directed two shorts called "Maid of Honor" and "Blood Sisters." The writer of the film is Seana Kofoed (who also stars as Elaine in the film).

The stars of "30 Miles From Nowhere" include Carrie Preston, Rob Benedict, Rusty Schwimmer, Marielle Scott, Cathy Shim, and Birgundi Baker. The two that stood out for me were Shim and Preston, though each actor did bring something different to the table.

The premise of the film is five college friends who return to rural Wisconsin for their estranged friends funeral.  Of course, this reunion takes place at a summer cabin (a very nice one, if I may add) in the woods that the friends use to hang out at when they were twentysomethings. Well, the reunion gets even uneasier when it turns into a terrifying fight for survival.

What made me love the film, was that CRAZY ending! The first half of the film makes you feel a little uneasy, but more into the film, your head really starts spinning! Honestly, I'm not sure if I would want any of those characters to be an old friend of mine.

I do believe that "30 Miles From Nowhere" does have a lot to offer to its viewers. It's a film that is shot simplistic with still a pretty unnerving plot. So overall with some dark humor and tense moments, I would give "30 Miles From Nowhere" 4 out 5 stars.

Popular Posts