Starbucks Review: The Juniper Latte

The Juniper Latte (Courtesy of Starbucks) 

Starbucks is known for their holiday drinks like the Eggnog Latte, The Gingerbread Latte, and the popular Peppermint Mocha and it's now dabbling in a new flavor with the Juniper Latte. The latte was released today, (Nov. 27, 2018).

What is a Juniper Latte? 

So what exactly is a Juniper Latte? It's steamed milk, espresso, and juniper syrup. The latte is also dusted with pine-citrus sugar. So you could say that Starbucks has made the ultimate holiday drink, a drink that tastes just like the family Christmas tree (but it's not a bad thing).

My Overall Thoughts: 

Honestly, it's strange but it's good though! I say it's strange because you don't think that a latte that tastes like a tree would be appealing, but here it works. Is it better than the other holiday Starbucks drinks? Well no, but it's something different that tastes good, especially if you're bored with your billionth Peppermint Mocha.

It also reminded me of a cookbook that I had where the book had several recipes with juniper berries and venison together. I never did dabble in cooking with the berries, but now I think one of these days I should.

So overall I would say go out and try it for yourself! You'll probably welcome the new flavor. For extra cheekiness, if you haven't decorated your Christmas tree yet, it's the perfect drink to accompany the yuletide activity!

Popular Posts